Benefits for You: Overview
The breadth and depth of Espresso resources mean that the service impacts on the whole school community. It doesn't matter what your role is in the school, Espresso can benefit you - from multi-tasking heads, to time-stretched teachers, visual learners, attentive parents and more.
Time and time again, teachers tell us that they use Espresso every single day and that they wouldn't be without it.
Find out how Espresso can support you!
Espresso is not available for parents or home educators to purchase. See our benefits for parents page to find out more.
Benefits for You: Head Teachers
- Proven educational benefits – earlier use of Espresso is associated with higher achievement in KS2 SATs
- Supports a wide range of learning aspects and has a positive impact on teaching and learning
- Helps meet development targets and whole-school initiatives with resources for all subject areas and learning abilities
- Drives towards curriculum objectives while promoting creative, thematic teaching
- Evolves to meet changing government initiatives
- Maximises investments in ICT such as interactive whiteboards and learning platforms
- Provides excellent value for money through weekly updates and growing subject modules
- Includes annual training to help integrate Espresso and get the most from your investment
- Saves teachers time, freeing them up to focus on other priorities
- Offers the flexibility to plan and prepare at school or home, contributing to the 'well-being' of teachers
Benefits for You: Teachers
- It takes 50% less time to search for and vet resources on Espresso, compared to the Internet
- Supports independent learning, collaborative group work and whole-class teaching
- Includes tools to personalise instruction to address different abilities and learning styles
- Weekly updates provide fresh resources that engage pupils in the world around them - nothing is ever removed from Espresso
- Includes guidance and professional development in a dedicated 'Staffroom'
- Accessible from home, for planning and preparing when it is convenient
- Includes SATs-related resources for school and home (via Pupil Home Access)
- Espresso's readiness for the 2014 National Primary Curriculum - existing content is being realigned to the new 2014 National Primary Curriculum objectives and new content is being added to cover all the new objectives
Benefits for You: ICT Coordinators
- Enables ICT to be embedded across the school in all subjects
- All resources can be easily integrated into learning platforms and exported into other software such as Moviemaker, PowerPoint and Word
- Worry-free - Espresso is a faster, more interactive and 'safer' online environment
- Includes annual training that helps to develop ICT confidence, transferrable skills and contribute to professional development
- Provides a UK-based, freephone technical support team who resolve most technical issues quickly through remote access
Benefits for You: Parents
- Strengthens school-to-home links
- Provides children with a safe learning environment, in school and at home
- Enables parents to be involved in their child's development
- Offers tailored support for parents on the curriculum and mentoring their children
While Espresso is not available for parents to purchase, it can be used at home if your child’s school adds Pupil Home Access to their subscription. For more information, or if you have any queries about Espresso, please speak to your child's school.
If you are interested in educational resources to use at home, you may like:
Benefits for You: Pupils
- Drives pupils to think beyond the simple fact, which results in deeper and wider learning concepts
- Inspires pupils to discuss what they are learning, promoting social interaction
- The range and combination of our resources appeal to children with different learning styles, and helps them to recall, retain and transfer learning across subjects
- Includes special features to suit those with learning disabilities, EAL, behavioural issues and physical disabilities
- Involves pupils in the world around them and introduces them to new experiences
- Empowers pupils to learn on their own with resources that can be used for independent research
- Keeps pupils engaged with a huge variety of activity types that avoids too much repetition
- Helps make learning fun!
Espresso is not available for parents to purchase. See our benefits for parents page to find out more.