|Pupil Home Access|
|Channel 4 Learning Clipbank|
|Channel 4 Learning DVDs|
|Free fun stuff|
Espresso extras: Overview
We're pleased to offer a range of additional extras that extend learning opportunities.
These products and services include extensions to Espresso that are only available to existing subscribers, and a number of 'stand-alone' learning resources that can be purchased and enjoyed by schools, home educators and parents.
Espresso extras: Pupil Home Access
Pupil Home Access is chargeable and enhances a school's subscription to Espresso. It offers opportunities for pupils to continue learning from home.
Pupil Home Access provides pupils and their parents with a Home learning area with a Parents' guide.
Learning at home with Espresso will:
- Help to develop and promote school-to-home links
- Integrate Espresso into homework
- Provide a range of interactive resources across all key stages for children to work on independently
Pupil Home Access is not available for parents to purchase. Go to our benefits for parents page to find out how Espresso can support you.
Espresso extras: Books
We've teamed up with leading publisher Franklin Watts, part of Hachette Books, to produce three series of children's books featuring the Espresso characters and supporting literacy and topic work.
- Phonics: supports the teaching of reading through synthetic phonics
- Story Time: captures pupils' imagination and builds their reading confidence
- Ideas Box: is full of information, activities and ideas for exploring popular topics in a cross-curricular way. Titles include The Olympics and Chocolate!
These beautifully illustrated books provide a fun insight into the lives and personalities of the Espresso characters that pupils love. All the books include puzzles, activities and an 'Espresso Connections' section which suggests complementary resources on Espresso.
The Espresso books are available for everyone to purchase. To see the full range of books and prices, visit the Channel 4 Learning shop.
Free downloadable worksheets
Visit our Free fun stuff page to download printable worksheets. They can be photocopied and used on their own or used with our Ideas Box books to offer a more complete learning experience.
Espresso extras: Channel 4 Learning Clipbank
Espresso has a sister service covering KS3 to KS4 called Channel 4 Learning Clipbank.
This cross-curricular service offers similar features to Espresso Primary plus a few extra elements that are relevant to the secondary age group.
- Thousands of video clips
- Multimedia activities and tools
- Daily News Blast and weekly News Bites
- Planning and curriculum support
- Exam board links
- Home Access for teachers and pupils
For middle schools or independent schools covering older age groups, we are able to offer a special subscription package including Espresso and Clipbank. Please request a quote to receive pricing details.
Please visit the Clipbank website to take a look at the service and find out further information.
Espresso extras: Channel 4 Learning DVDs
Espresso's sister company Channel 4 Learning provides an extensive catalogue of DVDs and CD-ROMs for primary and secondary schools, including many award-winning educational programmes originally aired on Channel 4.
Resources cover all subject areas for ages 5-18. Titles include:
- Living & Growing - our top-selling sex education resource
- The award-winning Extr@ series
- New DVDs such as Stage One Science and Star Maths
To view the full range of resources available visit the Channel 4 Learning shop
Espresso extras: Free fun stuff
Download one of our many PDF's which include downloadable posters and sticker sheets, masks that you and your pupils can wear and fun printable worksheets.